Monday, June 18, 2012

Crash and Burn

That's right. I will be donating $5 to the University of Utah Alumni Association. Bah Humbug! That's what I get for not sticking to my goals.

Some things that I learned this week when trying to complete my three physical fitness goals:

  • I stink at running nowadays. I miss those days when I was fit and I didn't wheeze when doing mountain climbers. Part of it is probably my lungs still healing from all the pneumonia and junk, but part of it is just being plain out of shape. It's alright though! I'm just going to keep trying and listen to my body. Before long I'll get the hang of things.
  • I need to leave room on my menu for desserts. There is no way I'm giving up all snacks, sugar, and goodies for the rest of my life and so I need to plan these into my menu. That way I don't feel like I need to sneak yummy food into my mouth when Coach Brandon isn't home (like the pound of pie dough I ate last week).
  • I found a loop hole in one of my goals and so I need to alter it. Instead of make a menu every day of the week, it should be make a menu of most days of the week and stick to it. I have 24 hours to make any changes before the actual meal comes. This way I can't just change what I'm going to have when I decide that I want to chow down on more pie dough.
  • My Ultimate Race isn't going to work, so instead I will do some public challenges on MapMyRun.com and you all can see how I'm doing.
  • The fruit on the table is not working because it's not easily snackable. Next time we go grocery shopping, I'm going to try and get some grapes or something.

Other than that, things are going pretty smoothly over here. Brandon and I just celebrated our 1.5 month-iversary by going to a destination hotel (his parents house when they were on vacation). We ate at Noodles & Company, pretended we were driving to a resort on rocky cliffs above an ocean, and watched Star Wars Episode XI. It was the BOMB.

No comments:

Post a Comment