Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hmm... what happened Monday?

Everything is mushed together!

Oh, I remember.

I climbed up the 500+ steps to the top of St. Paul's Cathedral.

I'm trying to make this seem like an accomplishment. The idea of someone ascending each of those 500 steps is enough to make a lady's jaw drop. In reality, it's nothing to the people who hike mountains/run marathons/balance a child on each hip while grocery shopping.

Enough said about the steps. The view is what I want to talk about and it was spectacular! I looked out into the distance and glimpsed Big Ben, Tower Bridge, the London Eye, and the tube station straightaway. Then I saw the Millennium Bridge (the one that got snapped apart in the sixth Harry Potter) and realized that flowing under it was the famous Thames. What a sight!

Besides that, I got some homework done and bought a ticket to see Phantom of the Opera. That's tomorrow night and I am super stoked.

What happened today?

Well, I, of course, went through three hours of class which turned out to be quite enjoyable. I feel like I learned much about the history of the English language and also, how to translate Present English into Middle English. I think I will not use this knowledge on upcoming essays.

Today we also saw Henry XIII. I do not like that man, but the play was very enjoyable, though a little hard to hear. I liked the costumes and the story and the fact that I was sitting in the Globe Theater.

And then I did my laundry. Three pounds. That's about $4.50. There goes three cookies. Or two plastic boxes of strawberries. Four frosties. An undershirt. Perhaps, a French pastry?

Places to go after I am done with my no-crazy-sugar-week: Hummingbird Bakery and Cocomaya.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment